How are you doing?
I mean, really: how are you doing?
It’s easy to get caught up in the media these days. Between the violence and hate, it can easily make us feel helpless.
I don’t believe that the mantra of “Let peace begin with me” is trite or cliche.
Quite the contrary. It is the only thing that you can control when these trying times happen in the world.
Mindful is as mindful does. I believe that mindfulness also comes from learning about others’ viewpoints and doing our best to understand. I did not say agree, I said understand.
So, in addition to the tools you might already be using to stay grounded during these trying times, I wanted to introduce you to some other viewpoints to consider, understand, and adopt:
1) Astrology – You can’t deny that gravity is what allows us to walk this planet. Gravity happens because the earth is rotating around the sun and the force of that movement keeps us literally grounded. The moon cycles cause waves in the ocean and impact women’s fertility cycles.
Click here to join my coach, Michele Grace, for her free New Moon TeleClass this Tuesday night. If you’re new to astrology or not, you’ll get a little insight as to how the planetary alignments are impacting our world at this time.
Here’s a little more about Michele and her free call:
“This Leo New Moon on August 2nd is about Wide OPEN Allowing.
What strengths, talents and capacities around CREATIVITY are you ready to ACTIVATE at this new moon?
What creation are you choosing to invoke and perpetrate your smallness in life and business?
What choices are you making that keeps you spinning and judging yourself as wrong and unworthy to receive more?
Join me Tuesday, July 26 at 7pm eastern for this month New Moon teleclass.
You can find all the details and register online at http://michelegrace.com/visionkeeper/ ”
Rev. Michele Grace Lessirard, C.Ht is an award winning business strategist who moves women in the creative healing arts from “woo-woo to who’s who with heart-centered profitability tools.” Michele Grace can help you build a thriving businesses you LOVE. She is a certified Money Breakthrough Method® coach and a SoulCollage® facilitator. She is best known for successfully teaching women how to ignite their dreams and unlock their brilliance.
2) Meditation – For some of us, meditation isn’t super easy. In the past, I’ve fallen asleep when meditating or started judging myself when I couldn’t stop the flow of my thoughts.
Now I see meditation as taking many different forms. It might be a fully-present walk in nature, or being very invested in a conversation with another person, or dancing around to music in your living room.
My client, Sandy Sauchelli, founder of Pathways to Presence, offers a wonderful variation on meditation that includes guided visualization, among other things. If you’re in NJ, click here to join her on Sunday, July 31st for her next ‘Max Meditation’ class in Chatham, NJ.
3) Perspective – We get to choose what we focus on. Our culture has been infused with technology that gives us instant access to so much information and so many images. News and pictures and videos can ‘go viral’ in the blink of an eye.
How are you managing your intake of stimulation? How is what you’re watching impacting your mind, body, and spirit?
I’d like to feature two articles for you to read – and please pass them on to anyone else you feel would benefit:
* Susannah Pitman-L’Eplattenier, my friend and future author, was published last week in Huffington Post.
Click here to read her article about using writing to help manage PTSD.
* My brother posted this article to my FB wall and it’s incredibly well-written and thought provoking.
Click here to read David du Chemin’s blog about Paying Attention.
4) Positivity – The media makes money from advertisers the more it can get people to watch or read their channel. They profit from the sensationalism of fear.
The more you’re afraid, the more cortisol floods your body – that’s the stress hormone produced by your adrenals – because it is triggering your body’s fight or flight switch.
You can help yourself by doing positive things to stimulate oxytocin in your body, which is the antidote to cortisol. It’s the feel good hormone that promotes connection, collaboration, and cooperation which is how we’re naturally wired as human beings. A simple thing like hugging others can increase oxytocin in both you and the hug recipient.
Do what you can to counter balance the negative with positive images and activities. This Free Hug movement inspired me this past week, so click here to check out their website and watch some powerful videos (their primary one has reached 30 million views!).
I’m hopeful you’ll find one tool here that resonates with you during these trying times. And, if you’d like to share yours with me, feel free to email me back a note – I’d love to hear from you!
Enjoy your mindful week!